Neuschwanstein Castle from Marienbrücke
3 images 3 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
Neuschwanstein Castle is on the edge of the Ammergebirge nature reserve; it is therefore not permitted to fly model planes or drones /multicopters. There is however a safe way to fly. Respect the boundaries of the park and of the castle itself. Also consider this is a popular tourist spot so make sure not to fly above people.
About this spot
With almost 1,5 million visitors per year, this castle is one of the most visited locations in Europe. You can find it in souther Bavaria. It was build in 19th-century in the Romanesque style on a hill above the Hohenschwangau village. If you feel you recognize the shape of the castle somehow, it may be because Walt Disney used it as an inspiration for their logo!
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers