National Park Mountain
1 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Legend has it that in 1870 as the Washburn Expedition camped at the base of this mountain where the Gibbon and Firehole Rivers converge to form the Madison River. It is said they sat around a campfire here and discussed the future of the Yellowstone Region and came up with the idea of creating the world’s first national park. Nobody knows if this conversation really happened, but 2 years later Yellowstone, the world’s first national park was created. Although most think this conversation was a myth, this mountain in named to commemorate the birth of the national park system.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.