8 images 2 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
Remember that you are photographing in the puffins' natural habitat. Follow the Respect Nature guidelines on the Visit Faroe Islands website.
About this spot
Mykines island its one of the most popular tourist attractions in the Faroe island archipelago. The main attraction on this car-free island is the puffins, which are easily captured from the Mykines Hólmur cape. The first glimpse of these birds can be found just a few minutes' walk from the Mykines village. The birds settle in the grassy, steep slopes where they breed in colonies.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.