5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Mosquito Creek is a beautiful sandy beach located along the wilderness coast of Olympic National Park. A huge, eroded headland marks the southern end of the beach, while the northern end has tide pools and a narrow archway through the rock. The downside to this location is the 6.1 difficult miles required to reach it. From the Oil City parking area, a trail heads west along the Hoh River. The final section is along the slippery tidelands. The route then rounds a drift log covered point and turns north to follow the beach to a rocky point which is passable only with a tide of 4 feet or less. At 2.6 miles, a 60 foot cable ladder helps hikers up the steep wall of Hoh Head. The final 3.5 miles are spent traversing a coastal forest while avoiding bottomless mud holes.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.