About this spot
The Valle del Treja regional park is a protected area of Lazio, included in the territories of the municipality of Calcata in the province of Viterbo and Mazzano Romano in the province of Rome. The park, which covers about 600 hectares, extends in an impervious area covered by dense vegetation and crossed by the river Treja, beginning in the Sabatini Mountains and flowing through deep gorges up to the Tiber River, where it ends its journey. At the Monte Gelato location, the river runs on a bed of broken tufa rock, forming a number of small waterfalls; in the park there are also remains of settlements of the ancient Faliscan people.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.