MHS - Cupid Spring
1 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Cupid Spring is a testimony to the ever changing dynamics of Mammoth Hot Springs. In the 1960’s the spring covered the whole hillside in front of you and today is just a small sliver of its former self. The active areas are stained brown, green, orange, and red with thermophiles, bacterium or other microorganisms, living in the pools of thermal water. I wonder what it will look like 20 years from now, or even tomorrow?
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.