MGB - Opal Pool
1 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Opal Pool is one of the more interesting features in the park. It is usually thought of a hot spring, but it does have irregular eruptions, which means it is actually a fountain geyser. The geyser can go years between eruptions. One of those recent eruptions, in 2014, lasted from 9:30 AM to 4:18 PM. Maybe you’ll be lucky and get to witness this rare event!
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.