Marymere Falls and Lake Crescent
11 images 3 contributors
T. Kirkendall and V. Spring
About this spot
The trail to waterfall begins near the Storm King Ranger Station, descends towards Lake Crescent then crosses under US101. After 0.4 mile, pass a trail to Lake Crescent Lodge on the right and, soon after, the Storm King Mountain trail on the left. Cross Barnes Creek then Falls Creek before starting the stiff climb up to Marymere Falls. Near the top, the trail divides making the final ascent a loop. Go left to reach the first of two viewpoints. On busy days, expect to wait for your turn for the best photo locations. Continue on up to second viewing area before heading back. After photographing the falls, head out to Lake Crescent Lodge for views of the 12-mile long lake. More views may be found at various turnouts along highway and at Fairholm, located at the lake's west end.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.