About This Spot
This is a 10.6 mile round trip hike with a significant elevation gain and a big reward at the end. The Big Quilcene trail to Marmot Pass offers a wide range of photographic possibilities. The lower portions of the trail passes through a moss and fern covered forest with nice looking trees along the banks of the Big Quilcene river. Marmot Pass has eye-popping views of the Olympic Mountain Range. Trails heading north and south from the pass lead to further views.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.