About this spot
Mammoth Hot Springs is the name given to a large area in northern section of the park that includes many thermal features. It is best known for the large travertine terraces that rise on hill above Fort Yellowstone, established in 1891. The fort was built when the army was protecting Yellowstone National Park. The area encompasses the thermal terraces, the Mammoth Hotel and all of Fort Yellowstone. There is a lot to see in this area besides just the terraces including an interesting visitor center.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.