About This Spot
In 2014 the Glines Dam was removed, Lake Mills Reservoir drained and the entire Elwha drainage allowed to begin its return to its natural condition. Even though the salmon have already begun to return to their spawning grounds, the river and surrounding area will take years to heal. Please respect any signs or closures you may find and allow nature to do its magic. The river has washed out the two valley campgrounds and caused considerable damage to the road. Beautiful Madison Falls is one of the few of the area's highlights that, so far, has escaped damage from the rages of the river. The waterfall is accessed by a short, 0.1 mile, walk on a paved trail through the forest.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.