About this spot
Lower Yellowstone Falls is the most popular waterfall in the park. The waterfall is 308 feet (94 m), the tallest falls in the park. What makes this waterfall so spectacular is its location in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone and the magnificent cliffs surrounding the falls. Next to Old Faithful, it is probably the second most photographed icon in the park. Take your time to visit the locations listed in the guide as well as some of the other locations such as Lookout Point and Inspiration Point.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.