About This Spot
Lake Quinault lies in the glacier-carved Quinault River Valley at the base of the Olympic Mountains. This area receives an average of 131 inches of rain a year, so the predominate colors of this beautiful region are green and gray. One of best known features of the area is the historic Lake Quinault Lodge. It is a beautiful piece of architecture, built overlooking the shores of the lake in 1926. They are proud to have hosted President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1937 while he toured the area before proposing the creation of Olympic National Park, which occurred 1938.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.