Shoot with care
This is a mountain hike, please be prepared, check weather forecast, follow the trail, leave nothing behind and if possible leave the place a little better than how you found it. This area is part of a National Park. So please be careful not to damage anything here, do not collect any flower, plant, stone or rock. Respect the wildlife that lives in the valley. Be respectful of Nature in general. Consider that it is illegal to be off path here. It is not possible to camp in the National Park. Check the PNGP (Gran Paradiso National Park) website for more information.
About this spot
The lake sits just above the village of Lillaz and below the peaks of Bardoney and Loie and Rossin. The view from the lake runs through the valley of Cogne ending with Mont Blanc.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers