Shoot with care
This is a working power station. Many of the tracks are marked as entry for staff only. Hot steam is present in a lot of places. Stick to roads and public pathways, taking care where you park.
About this spot
Krafla power plant began operation in 1977. Using geothermal energy, the power plant and surrounding area features lots of pipework, steam and interesting buildings, making for an industrial post-apocalyptic scene worth exploring.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.