About this spot
Kimmeridge Bay lies within the Purbeck Marine Wildlife Reserve and boasts some of Dorset’s best snorkelling, fossil hunting and rock-pooling opportunities – for a fairly small location it also offers a wealth of photographic opportunity of which most work best during lower tides. Kimmeridge Bay is an exceptional photographic location with ledges, rock pools, a small rock pier, an attractive folly, stunningly rugged coastal cliffs and even a small waterfall dropping into the bay. Whilst a little off the beaten track, this is a location that is most definitely worth the effort and should be factored into any photographic tour of Dorset where possible.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.