Shoot with care
There is a little homestead below the statue. This is a private property, be considerate.
About this spot
The statue of Dr Julius Kugy (see below) stands at a strategic position from which one can see Jalovec peak, one of the most dramatic summits of the Julian Alps. Nearby there is also Turar’s homestead, built in a traditional Trenta style.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers