About this spot
The 88 story Jin Mao tower is 420 metres tall and was at the time of its completion in 2007 the highest building in the world. It has since been eclipsed in height, not least by its two neighbouring skyscrapers. It resembles the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur in its incorporation of Chinese architectural themes, including the number eight (a lucky number in Chinese). It is famous for its large barreled atrium which runs from the 56th to the 87th floors of the Grand Hyatt hotel which occupies most of the building.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.