About this spot
The Square of the French Revolution features tall obelisk dedicated to the Illyrian Province - a territory founded in early 19th century when Napoleon conquered the area. The obelisk was built from Karst marble by architect Jože Plečnik. The Napoleon's face was created by Slovene sculptor Zdenko Kalin. This is the only monument to Napoleon's glory outside of France.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.