About this spot
There is probably no place in Rocky Mountain National Park that is as dramatic as Chasm Lake. This high alpine lake lies in a basin surrounded on three sides by massive granite peaks. The Diamond, a sheer granite cliff face on Longs Peak right up out of the lake and will certainly take your breath away. At sunrise, this amphitheater often glows in an almost otherworldly fashion as the light seems to bounce from one peak to another. Being there to watch the morning light is an experience I wish everyone could have.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.