About this spot
This is another of Shanghai’s fantastic rooftop bars with an open-air, unobstructed view over the city’s ever-changing skyline. The Indigo is a boutique hotel owned by the Intercontinental group, but the slightly out-of-the way location means the rooftop is not often particularly busy, making it easy to bag a seat right by the edge if you don’t leave it too late. You’ll be expected to buy food or drink, but it is the perfect spot for a sundowner while indulging in some photography.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.