About This Spot
The Hoh River road tunnels up valley passing giant, moss covered trees. Take your time as you drive to look for scenic locations where the road winds through the forest. The main difficulty is finding a place to pull off and park. The Minnie Peterson Campground at 4.5 miles offers a place to park when it is not full, as do the boat launch sites. The Hard Rain Cafe, in the middle of fields created by the ambitious early settlers is another area where you can park and look for photos among the interesting collection of hub caps on the outside wall. Continuing up valley, the forest becomes thicker in beautiful combination of firs,cedars,spruce as well as big leaf and vine maples.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.