Shoot with care
It is possible to access the quarry itself, but take if you do go down to the base, especially from the southern end. The paths are slate scree and in places cross larger slate blocks which can be loose and move.
About this spot
Located a couple of miles north of Coniston Hodge Close Quarry is a good spot to capture some alternative images. But take care if entering the quarry itself.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.