About this spot
Hive Beach forms part of the larger Chesil beach, a stunning section of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site and also the largest shingle ridge in the world. What makes Hive Beach so special are the spectacular sandstone cliffs which appear to glow bright gold in late afternoon/evening light. Climbing the coast path will reward with far reaching views across to West Bay and Lyme Bay in the west and, along Chesil Beach towards Portland in the east.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.