About this spot
Hinton St Mary is a small village located just north of Sturminster Newton boasting two very photogenic locations. Cutt Mill on the River Stour, dates back to the 18th century and whilst it has fallen into serious disrepair in recent years, it provides a nice focal point for a number of compositions. The second location, the grand driveway to the Manor House, has the look and feel of a younger and smaller sibling to the beautiful Beech Avenue along the B3082. The 200 yard driveway is tree lined on both sides.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.