Shoot with care
About this spot
Hengifoss is one of the highest waterfalls in Iceland, measuring 128 m falling from the plateau into a magnificent gorge. There is a colourful rock face surrounding the waterfall showing different layers from volcanic eruptions in the Tertiary period when Iceland was formed.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.