1 images 1 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
About this spot
Hellnar is an ancient Icelandic fishing hamlet with a population of less than 10 people and located on the Snæfellsnes peninsula. The church here is typical of the area and has either the mountainous landscapes or the Snaefellsjokull glacier as a backdrop. It's hard to imagine that for centuries this was one of the largest fishing towns beneath the Snaefellsjokull ice-cap. You'll find remnants of the fishing sheds built by Hellnar’s 11th-century settlers here.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.