About this spot
Happy Isles is located just below the confluence of Illillouette Creek and the Merced River. As the name suggests, there are a pair of islands in the river, connected with a footbridge. The area is known for flowing water, dense mixed forest and an abundance of birdlife. There is a Nature Center here that is open in the summer.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.