About this spot
Along this short, 0.75 mile loop trail are samples of the forms and textures of all the environments found on a barrier island. The walk starts off in the pine forest where longleaf pines and junipers grow. After a short ascent through the shrub lands to climb over a low dune, the trail descends briefly to reach the edge of the wetlands along Pamlico Sound before looping back through the forest to return to the start.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.