About this spot
Gunlock Mesa isn't exactly headline material, being very much in the shadow of Snow Canyon, but it's a little gem well-known to the locals for providing excellent hiking and photography within a dense but spectacular area of sandstone bluffs and canyons. If you are not pressed for time, or if you find Snow Canyon too crowded, you can spend a very nice and productive half-day on the mesa and surroundings. About 2½ hours round-trip from the parking area should do, with plenty time for enjoyment and photography.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.