Guest House Washi no Yado
5 images 2 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
Stay in the bird hides and when you leave keep quiet.
About this spot
The endangered Blakiston’s fish owl is quite reliably found at this location as the owner of the establishment has been feeing the breeding pairs that live in the area for decades. This is the largest species of owl in the world and only 100-150 birds remain in Hokkaido today. Globally there are only 1,000-1,500 left in the wild.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers