Shoot with care
About this spot
Geysir is a popular geothermal area the Golden Circle. It contains many geysers, mud pots, and fumaroles, including its namesake and most famous geyser, Geysir, sometimes called the Great Geysir. Unfortunately, Geysir infrequently erupts, sometimes going years between active phases. Luckily, there are many other geothermal features to photograph. With Geysir out of action, the star is now a geyser named Strokkur, which erupts about every 5 minutes, shooting spray up to 100 feet (30 meters) high.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.