About This Spot
Fort Worden is located on the northeastern tip of the Olympic Peninsula. Views extend east over Whidbey Island to the Cascade Mountain Range, with snow and ice covered Mount Baker dominating the horizon. Ships heading to ports on the Puget Sound have a relatively narrow channel here, and watching these massive boats moving through this area is always fascinating. The lighthouse at Point Wilson is now fully automated and no longer maintained in pristine condition. Fort Worden was an active military army installation from 1902 through 1953 and many of the old batteries are still open to exploration.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.