Fort Worden Artillery Hill East
3 images 1 contributors Shoot freely
About this spot
Fort Worden, now Fort Worden Historical State Park, was an active army base from 1902 to 1953. It is one of three forts (the others being Fort Casey and Fort Flagler) forming the “Triangle of Fire” that protected the entrance to Puget Sound in the early 1900s. The park offers the picturesque Point Wilson lighthouse; great views of Mount Baker, Puget Sound, and the Strait of Juan de Fuca; many historic gun emplacements and bunkers; and over two miles of beaches. Most of the gun batteries and bunkers are on top of the aptly named Artillery Hill.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.