Fontana dell’Acqua Paola
1 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Nicknamed “Fontanone” by the Romans, this is the terminal of the "Acqua Paola" aqueduct, restored between 1608 and 1610 by Pope Paolo V. As was customary at the time, much of the work was done with marble "taken" from the forum of Nerva, one of the imperial forums in Rome, the penultimate to be built before the Forum of Trajan.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
Offer ends March 28
This spot appears in 1 guide.