Flood Geyser and Circle Pool
1 images 1 contributors
About this spot
From this turnout on the road from Madison to Old Faithful you have good views of both Flood Geyser and large adjacent pool, Circle Pool. Even though Flood Geyser, is a fountain geyser, with a pool approximately 30 feet (9 m) in diameter, it is dwarfed by Circle Pool to its right. Circle Pool has a diameter of approximately 106 feet (32 m). Flood Geyser erupts with bursts up to 25 feet (7.6 m) in height at intervals from a few minutes to a few hours. These features are part of the Midway Geyser Basin.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
Offer ends March 28
This spot appears in 1 guide.