Shoot with care
National park land - all common regulations apply. No drone photography and leave no trace.
About this spot
A coastal canyon off the coast of Northern California exhibits a fairy-like ambience with soaring walls entirely blanketed with ferns. You might recognize it as a location from The Lost World: Jurassic Park - and indeed the canyon feels ‘jurassic’. Transitioning from a grand, wide entrance as it meets the beach, Fern Canyon splits into two slot canyons with endless nooks, debris, and the occasional waterfall to photograph. Explore further at the adjacent Gold Bluff Beach and find streams reaching out for the ocean, herds of roosevelt elk, and cliffs that literally glow gold as the sun starts to set.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers