Shoot with care
Make a positive connection with the locals - don't treat them as a side-show. Offer to send them any photos you take and consider buying some of their locally produced items.
About this spot
In the western Sahara Desert, surrounded by red dunes, Erg Chigaga could be mistaken for a campsite on Mars. The remoteness is part of the appeal. And the calm and open vistas of the desert.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers