Ely Cathedral - East Lawn
6 images 1 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
Whilst this is a popular spot during the day, in the evening all but one entrance is closed off to ensure peace and quiet for the people living in the houses nearby. If visiting later on, please keep noise to a minimum.
About this spot
The east lawn viewpoint of Ely Cathedral is the 3rd "classic" angle (others being from the cannon, and from Cherry Hill Park) but is technically more difficult to shoot due to your closer proximity to the building. The cathedral presents a different feel from this angle, with lots of turrets and spires, often leading to comments of it looking like something from Harry Potter.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers