About this spot
The towering dune spines all along the Tsauchab valley are no doubt the 2nd most popular subject in the park. There are several elements that all combine perfectly to create these great photo opportunities. The first is obviously the gigantic orange dunes. They have a striking colour and when viewed from the side, the spine appears to climb almost vertically in a snaking curve. Without something to give scale, these shots wouldn’t be that great, which is where the 2nd element comes in. Many of the dunes have a few trees growing at their base and when shot with a telephoto lens, it gives a mind-boggling sense of scale to these sand mountains. The third element is the perfect north-south orientation of the dunes. When the sun is in a low position it creates a striking contrast of black and orange as the one side is in full light and the other in total shadow.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/photohou/public_html/inc/my_collections.php on line 147
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/photohou/public_html/inc/my_collections.php on line 198