Shoot with care
Stick to the marked paths.
About this spot
This is an ancient woodland close to Shaftesbury in Dorset and at over 92 hectares offers fabulous photo opportunities. there is a mixture of open glades, rides and old trees including the old coppice stools of small-leaved limes. The wood sits on twin summits of Duncliffe’s hill and can be seen for miles around. It contains a wonderful selection of wild flowers such as Moschatel, yellow archangel as well as butterflies, bats and birds.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers