Shoot with care
Park regulations prohibit approaching closer than 100 feet from elk.
About this spot
Dosewallips State Park is at the mouth of the Dosewallips River on Hood Canal. Roosevelt elk frequent the park. The beach area has great blue herons as well as many sea birds. Bald eagles are frequently seen and may nest in snags above the river.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.