6 images 2 contributors
T. Kirkendall and V. Spring
About this spot
This is the only place, other than Hurricane Ridge, where you can drive into the Olympic Mountain Range. Views from the short loop around the summit of Blue Mountain include the Strait of Juan de Fuca, Vancouver Island, the San Juan Islands and the glacier clad Coast Range to the north. To the east lies the Cascade Mountains. The Olympic Range is to the south and west. This area is called Deer Park in recognition of the herd of deer that lives here throughout the summer and it is a rare day when you do not see one or more grazing in the meadows. Deer Park has a small campground, for tents only. Bring your own water.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.