Shoot with care
Final descent to the beach is down a sheer rock face. Watch out for rock falls.
About this spot
Stunning location, an old quarry on the Jurassic Coast, indeed Dinosaur footprints are visible at nearby Acton, popular with rock climbers. potholers, wild swimmers and tombstoners. Amazing infinity pool blasted out of the rocks for the local children to swim. the rocks, sea and pool offer endless shots in all directions. Often a practise area for the coastguard so sometimes choppers and boats about the area. The scenery from the top is breathtaking. This spot is excellent for abstract / art photography as the rocks and patterns both submerged and out the water are amazing. Ansel Adams would have been in heaven in this spot.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers