1 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Coney's Castle is an Iron Age Hill Fort, small in comparison to a number of Dorset’s other forts, but still very worthy of a visit. Located near to Bridport, and with extensive views from its eastern perimeter, the fort is on a narrow north-south ridge reaching a height of 210m, with steep natural slopes to the west, and a high artificial rampart and ditch to the east. Whilst small in size, the wooded ramparts and accompanying ditches bordering the eastern side of the fort offer some great photographic opportunity, with characterful trees aplenty.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.