Civita di Bagnoregio
23 images 3 contributors
About this spot
Civita is a 2500 year-old town founded by the Etruscans, and the birthplace of San Bonaventura – whose boyhood house has long since fallen off the edge of the cliff. This is because Civita, which is among the most beautiful small towns in Italy, rises atop a plateau of friable volcanic tuff which is slowly but inexorably collapsing due to erosion. This earned the city its nickname of “La città che muore” (“The Dying Town”). Inside the town you will find examples of urban architecture spanning several hundred years.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.