5 images 2 contributors
About this spot
Stretching for 18 stunning miles along the Jurassic coast from Portland to West Bay’s harbour entrance, Chesil Beach is the world’s longest shingle bank as well as Portland’s joining arm to the mainland at Wyke Regis. Although Chesil Beach opens into the English Channel, there’s nothing of note between it and the Atlantic Ocean so huge, lazy swells form in the Atlantic and rumble their way up the Channel rising imperiously when reaching Chesil before crashing down onto the beach in a spectacular display of Mother Nature’s unbridled power.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.