About this spot
Catbells sits on the western shore of Derwent water. At 451m it is far from the highest fell in the Lake District, but an ascent rewards you with views north and eastwards across Derwent water to Keswick, Skiddaw and Blencathra, and to the west into the Newlands valley.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.