2 images 1 contributors Shoot freely
About this spot
Caisteal Maol (Castle Moil) sits in the little village of Kyleakin on the Isle of Skye, Scotland. It is thought that a castle was built on this site sometime before the 10th Century by the Vikings and it became the home of a Norse Princess. A three-storey tower house was built on the Viking castle site in the late 1400s which became a MacKinnon stronghold. It was abandoned for more comfortable accommodations in 1601, and this structure is the one seen today, sadly in ruins.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.