About This Spot
The Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is the most renowned symbol of the Outer Banks. The black and white spiral “day mark” is know throughout the southeast and found on all sorts of tourist knick knacks. To leave the Outer Banks without a image of the iconic Cape Hatteras Lighthouse would be like fishing all day without catching anything, you would just have to go back another time and try again.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.